By Gerhard Clausing •
I want to call your attention to the Medium Festival of Photography, currently going on mostly online (through March 13). Interesting presentations! Details here:
Also, the Palm Springs Photo Festival will be happening April 26-29, 2021; here are the details:
And here are two events about submitting and selling your photographs:
All Media 2021 at Irvine Fine Arts Center
The Irvine Fine Arts Center is pleased to announce the annual juried All Media exhibition. The annual open call is an excellent opportunity for emerging, mid-career, and established artists to garner new patrons and expand their network of peers. This year’s guest juror is Taylor Bythewood-Porter, assistant curator at the California African American Museum (CAAM).
All Media will be on display during its scheduled exhibition dates, July 12–September 18. Public in-person access to the galleries will be contingent on COVID-19 health and safety regulations set forth by state guidelines. The exhibition will also be presented online. Deadline April 30.
You can apply at – https://www.cityofirvine.org/irvine-fine-arts-center/all-media-application
Also: Webinar by Duncan Miller on Selling Your Photographs – March 21:
Join for a two-hour expanded seminar led by Daniel Miller, director of the Duncan Miller Gallery, to help emerging/contemporary photographers sell more work. Seminar expanded from recent photographer feedback to answer more of your questions.
1. What sells now online and why? Two dozen recent sales displayed and discussed.
2. Relevant sales data about print size, edition size, format and more.
3. How to create your own shows in non-gallery venues.
4. How and why self-published books work to support print sales.
5. Understanding contests and other pay-to-play options.
6. What you need to know about working with galleries.
7. What we are looking for at YourDailyPhotograph.com – Tips on how and what to submit.
8. Often overlooked, but critical – how to pack and ship your photographs to avoid damage
9. Q&A. Your personal questions, answered live.
Sunday, Mar 21, 2021, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time
$25 to attend. First come, first serve. Both recent seminars in January sold out quickly.
SIGN UP HERE: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_dS9ceL9sSTyejZlZSP5nQg
Last year alone, YourDailyPhotograph.com offered 1,200 fine art photographs to collectors. Duncan Miller Gallery sold 34,000 prints in 2020. Founder Daniel Miller will share tips, data and experience.
Leave a Reply